So…..maybe not, You Are The Best Thing(although I LOVE Ray LaMontagne) But WHAT are your best things? What makes you happy? What has made your summer better?
Just a little list of my own, no big deal
1. Baby Lips, by Maybelline. I am a lip gloss addict and this stuff is over the top. SPF 20-Everyone that tries it, LOVES it. Smells great, feels great, and it’s way way cheap. WALGREENS!! I think I have funded the company jet since the launch of this stuff. Fantastico!
2. La Croix– Flavored water does not sound that exciting, but I guess it doesn’t take that much to blow my dress up lately. They sell this stuff everywhere in Memphis, and I am sure glad. The grapefruit is my personal favorite and my kids even like the LIME!!! Kind of a healthy sub for Sprite:) Calorie, sweetener, and sodium free. ZERO calories. Drink like 12 a day….It doesn’t matter! It’s water!!
3. Instagram– If you know me, then you know I adore everything vintage and I take pictures of everything. Even though it is a social networking site, you can download the app and set your account to private… just so you can edit your pictures on your phone. I have even printed a few pics I have edited with the app, and they have turned out really great..plus they look like they were taken in 1973, and I like that:)
4. Monogrammed Jewelry– I was so excited that my best friend was about to get engaged I ordered her one of these a month in advance. I want one in every color but the this is my favorite. These are such special gifts…and we live in the south, people, we monogram everything!!
Since our office is closed on Monday’s, we get to do one of our very favorite things…get donuts in our pjs!!! It is by far the hands down, best place in Memphis to get the best service. We have been going there since the kids were babies and Mr. Don always remembers us. LOVE to support a local business and I swear those donut holes have a drug in them. They literally melt in your mouth. Go “like” their Facebook page…http://www.facebook.com/gibsonsdonuts
6. Chevron- Pillows, sheets, chairs, dresses, purses, tote bags, stationary. I can not get enough. Etsy has a ton of chevron products. Good luck once you get on the site…I can spend hours looking at all of the wonderful handmade and vintage items. www.etsy.com
7. Latisse– My best friend is getting married(did I mention that)and I want my lashes to be super long in all of those wedding photos. This stuff works! To be honest, I have never really cared about lashes before. Nothing a little Dior Show can’t fix, right?? WRONG. If you use it everyday for 6 weeks you will see a giant difference and you will be just as surprised as I was, to see what a difference those batty lashes make.
8. Buying Fresh Cut Flowers- Flowers are one of those things that are totally unnecessary but so lovely to enjoy. They just make me happy. Whenever possible, I love to buy freshly cut peonies ( my absolute fav) or roses and keep them at my desk and in my kitchen.
9. Glass Water Bottles– My little girl has made me more environmentally conscious than ever before…but I despise drinking water out of plastic bottles. It just doesn’t taste the same as drinking out of glass! So while walking through Whole Foods one day I saw…A GLASS WATER BOTTLE!!! Covered in silicone in case you drop it, and in really great colors. I have used it every single day since I bought it and we will be selling them at EMA next week! WOOHOOO!!! I can’t wait!!!
10. Thank You Notes- I love to get mail! If I see my name and address handwritten on the outside of an envelope, I get a little excited. No one does that anymore….In my opinion if you receive a gift, you write a note expressing your gratitude. I have a slight addiction to stationary…I can’t even pass up the dollar aisle in Target or Michael’s without looking for cutesy kids paper and cards. There are fantastic places in town to buy fancy stationary, and one of my favorite places is Menage. The ladies there are so sweet and helpful and they carry the very best stuff around…wrapping paper, satin ribbon, great gifts, and the Christmas stuff(can’t even talk about it) LOVELY! Let’s all do the world a favor and be a little more thankful this summer:) AMEN.
So what has been your favorite thing this summer? Any great new things that the ladies of EMA are missing out on? Comment on our blog for a chance to win OBAGI SUNSHIELD SPF 50….(without it I would have 1,000 freckles on my face)